Thursday, May 5, 2011

The Office

       Once again, quite some time has passed since my last blog, but for no other reason then I have been busy watching old shows and new shows, as well as working on my own show (more about that in the future).  My point is, I have been enjoying movies, and shows of all sorts, and instead of writing about them I have just been watching more and more. I am, once again, ready to write about some of the things I have been watching.
        There is one show that I have been watching, but have found myself not ready to blog about yet. Until now. The Office. Quite possibly my favorite "sitcom" of all time. If not my number one, then in my top 3 (subject to change based on mood). It is quite simply one of the funniest, most well written, and creative shows, as well as having a stellar cast. From top to bottom, every character can have me laughing. However with that said, the leaving of one character may forever change the landscape of the show. I hope it helps the show to move in a new direction, and doesn't cause harm. I have confidence that the show will continue it's success without Michael Scott. The writers are still in place as is the rest of the cast, so they should now be able to find their own way without the leadership of Steve Carrell.
         Michael Scott will be going down as one of our favorite characters of all time. With his quick dim-witted nature, his characters that cause more harm then help, and always quick with a "That's what she said".  He has taken the time to make us fall in love with a character that at times is sexiest, or intolerant, or prejudice. The only thing is, he doesn't do it out of a hurtful place, it is in fact the opposite. All of his moments of pure bad behavior come from a place that is pure of heart, and with the best intentions. Except for when it comes to Toby. But I guess we all may have that one person that just rubs us the wrong way.
         No matter which way you slice it, what Steve Carrell brought to us through Michael Scott was joy. He was the funny guy that wants so much out of life without the full understanding of how to reach it. He gave us all the joy of journeying with him as he grew into a person that we won't just miss because of his humor, but, more so, because of his heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment