Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Been a While

         I know it has been a while since I have last written a review or more like my opinion. So after taking some time for writing of another project, I am returning to write again. Hopefully I will be doing this at least once a week, and if I a really inspired then perhaps twice a week.
        Over the course of my absence, I have been engrossed, with TV shows and movies. Ranging from Toy Story, to a show called Jeremiah. To catching up on The Event, to starting, The Chicago Code. It has been quite an array to watch. Some things have had me wanting more, while others have had me saying "what a waste of potential".
       A show called Jeremiah, one that I had never heard of before stumbling upon it on Netflix, has been quite a surprise. A show that flew under the radar several years back, on Showtime.  Set in the future world that has had "The Big Death" which killed anybody over the "age of innocence". Now with the children having grown up to rebuild our world, a world in which, all of our conviences are now a distant memory. Leaving these people to trade for resources from anything they can find. Batteries being such a hot comodity that people are willing to kill each other over them. A world in which a man with a doctor's bag, becomes the most important person, whether he is really capable of being a doctor or not. 
         The show stars Luke Perry and Malcolm-Jamal Warner, and has guests such as Jake Busey, Sean Astin, and Jason Priestly. With these as your range of stars, I understand why it was under the radar, but that doesn't take away from me enjoying the show. In fact it may help. It may have helped me to apperciate this show more then I would have, had there been big names attached. I don't think it is the best show, but for what it is I think they did a good job.
         Which leads me into The Event. Star power, not top tear. Storyline, a roller coaster of information. HYPE, through the roof! I was hoping for a show that was more like Flash Forward, which in my opinion, had such potential, and was prematurely cancelled. Instead, what was given to us, is a show that lacks any urgency, as well as any feeding me too little of what I want and too much of everything else. I want to know more about what is happening to these characters, and I am all for allowing them to explore, but it is just taking to long for me to get engrossed. I feel that it is just missing the mark. It is right there, but then it takes me away from what I want to happen. I'm not even sure what I am looking for exactly with this show, but I can tell you that I am just not getting it. I will keep watching, not for anything other then my own anticipation that I will suddenly find what I am looking for.
           So now that I am back writing my blog again, I will soon be writing about some of the movies I have watched recently, such as, The Kids Are All Right, Animal Kingdom, Toy Story, and Winter's Bone. As well as some of the shows that I have been watching such as, The Cape, The Chicago Code, Mr. Sunshine, and Traffic Light, and maybe if Breakout Kings lasts that too.
           I hope the my return was as anticipated as the return of The Event. I can only hope that I can give to you not what The Event has given me, but more of what Jeremiah has given to me. And If not maybe I'll land somewhere in between.

No comments:

Post a Comment