Tuesday, January 18, 2011

F/X

             I am realizing more and more these days that the smaller networks are really putting out some of the best work. I did a whole blog about AMC, which I am new to, but have somehow surpassed an old channel that I have been watching for several years. F/X. Plain and simple, what then hell was I thinking?! I have been enjoying quality programming on this channel since my wife first introduced me to Rescue Me (she was introduced by her sis). I am sorry to say this but I had just plain forgotten about this channel as I have been enamored with AMC, mostly, but with the whole fall lineup.
            Since the end of Rescue Me's last season, I have been not tuning in to see what's next. Until recently it had just fallen off of my radar. Then suddenly I see a preview for a new show called Lights Out. A show about a boxer that has to retire, was all I new about it, as I only slightly paid attention to the commercials for it. I figured, boxing is interesting, so a show about boxing could have potential. I didn't watch it when it first aired, but thanks to my DVR, I was able to tune in on my time. I was not disappointed. It turned out to be a really good show. Now I have only seen one episode so I'm not going to give this show the Championship belt, but I will continue to tune in. The show is interesting, thus far, and the characters are very real. The main character is a very loving father and husband, and will do anything for his family. Leaves lots of room for plot points. He is struggling with his life, past, present, and future. He really wants things to work out, but at the moment he is stuck in neutral. I look forward to seeing him try to get his life back together.
              Another show that I have enjoyed is Justified. Timpthy Olyphant brings Raylan Givens to life with a soft, yet powerful voice. He may tread quietly, but he never hesitates to take care of the bad guy. A lawman that is always looking to do the right thing but often getting mixed into something he shouldn't. Not breaking the law just losing his footing for a moment. Walton Googins brings an evil, yet surprisingly compassionate bad guy, not to mention former good buddy of Raylen, to a boil then lets him quietly simmer away, as he raises hell. To me there is something greatly rewarding watching the bad guy be dealt with in maybe not quite the proper manner, but always having it justified.
             I cannot say that I have had the pleasure of watching some of the other shows that have aired on this network, such as The Shield, or Nip Tuck, but it is just a matter of time until I sink down into my couch and pull an all nighter on one or both of these shows. There is also Damages, which has earned nothing but rave reviews, for the most part. I intend to eventually catch up with this as well.
              I have had the pleasure of watching It Always Sunny in Philadelphia, but not The League. I will continue to watch Rescue Me until it ends this coming year, and I will continue to follow Justified and Lights Out. I look forward to what F/X has in store for the future, even without knowing what it will be. This channel has definitely become one that I will continue to tune into.  I think there is something special about F/X.

No comments:

Post a Comment